Re: [Hampshire] More fun with a SLUG (NSLU2)

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] More fun with a SLUG (NSLU2)
Cayenne-uk wrote:
> Having got this connected, my next goal is to connect a NTFS formatted
> HD to it. Looking through the options, I should be able to do this
> with the latest firmware (V2.4R63). This has been around since 2005. I
> have only just bought this device, it's firmware is V2.4R24!! Anyone
> else bought one of these recently? And what was the firmware as shipped?

Not recently, but I am pretty sure it was the former and not the latter.
I believe there may be a more recent version too, but that it is not
officially supported.

If the firmware is that old you might want to look at the clockspeed too
- the original ran at 133MHz and not 266MHz as the more recent ones do.

Upgrading the firmware is pretty trivial btw. Use upslug2 from a Linux
box and follow the instructions here:

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/RevertToLinksysFirmware

-and-

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/UpSlug2