[Hampshire] Saturday's "Take-a-Box" Meeting

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Saturday's "Take-a-Box" Meeting
Hello Folks

It's spring cleaning time, so here's some assorted junk^H^H^H^H treasure
to be given away.

Please email me off-list to baggsie items. I'll be at the HantsLUG
meeting on Saturday, so if want to collect them from there that will be
fine. Or if you're willing to brave the wilds of Darkest Hampshire
(i.e. Fordingbridge), you're welcome to collect them from my home.

All items are free, from both monetary cost and also any form of guarantee.

So, brace yourselves, here are the goodies in no particular order.

1) Dell Optiplex G110 Desktop PC, Pentium III 800MHz, 256MB, no hard
disk, 5xPCI slots, 2xUSB, LAN, parallel, serial, floppy, CDROM, DVDROM.
Boots OK.

2) Dell Optiplex G110 Tower PC, Pentium III 930MHz, no RAM, no hard
disk, 5xPCI, 2xUSB, LAN, parallel, serial, floppy, CDROM, sound. Boots OK.

3) Generic case, with GA71XE4 motherboard, AMD Duron processor, no RAM,
no hard disk, 5xPCI, 2xISA (remember them?), AGP graphics card, sound
card, modem, floppy, CDROM. Used to work, now no response on power up.

4) Novatech model PC-0187TH, Athlon 1400MHz CPU, no RAM, no hard disk,
5xPCI, AGP graphics, floppy, CDROM, 2xUSB, LAN, 2xSerial, parallel,
games port, sound. Worked until recently, now no BIOS beep.

5) Apple Power Macintosh G3 Blue/White, M5183, 300MHz, graphics card,
RAM (?qty), no hard disk. PSU has been replaced, but still has a
tendency to reset randomly.

6) Apple Mac Performa 400, 'pizza box' case, separate monitor, keyboard
and mouse, RAM and hard drive, no OS installed currently. Seems to work.

7) Apple Power Macintosh G3 Beige, M4405, 96MB RAM, 3 hard drives (3GB,
3GB, 1GB). Needs adaptor to work with 'normal' VGA screen connector.
Boots OK.

8) Apple ADB keyboard and mouse, suitable for either 5) or 7).

9) Apple serial cable.

10) Sony VAIO PCG-F160 laptop, ?specs (I can't find any info on the
internet, probably Pentium II), 4GB hard disk (DBAN'd, no OS), RAM,
power supply. Won't boot: no response except a single flicker from an
LED, so probably needs a new main board.

I know most of those are only good for spares (or a museum), so if
no-one's interested, it'll be time to go WEEE!

cheers

Chris
--
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis@???