Re: [Hampshire] Wireless network card (PCI)

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wireless network card (PCI)
Peter Brooks wrote:
> After advice from a fellow user to get a zxytel usb wireless dongle in
> my previous naive wireless state (ie I didn't use any wireless prior
> to a few months ago, I like cables). It worked with their Gentoo but
> didn't work with the machine I was using it for.
>
> <cut>

Peter, why not try http://www.linuxant.com driverloader . I don't have a
problem paying for a Linux driver when there is no decent FLOSS
equivalent. My Broadcom is now supported in Fedora 8 so no longer need
driverloader. I do the same with http://www.turboprint.de/english.html
printer drivers for my Canon MP780.

I have had Ubuntu working with the zyxel dongle but I only tried WEP, so
I would switch to WEP if I had the same problem.

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk