Re: [Hampshire] Hants server experiencing problems

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: James Courtier-Dutton
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hants server experiencing problems
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 00:57:01 +0100 (+0100), James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
[snip]
> So, looks like one needs a new hard disk.
> It is a shame you did not even have software raid running.

Yep, only one disk in it otherwise we would have :-) We are looking
at migrating over the lug.org.uk for just this sort of reason, however
there are a number of prereqs to sort out first -
http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ServerMigration. Basically
anything we use (like gallery) would need to be setup for
multi-tenanted operation so that every LUG can use it. This is well
worth doing, but takes time.

> Just out of interest, which tool do you use for the checksumming?

Osiris: http://osiris.shmoo.com/

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers