[Hampshire] Hants server experiencing problems

Author: john lewis
To: HantsLUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Hants server experiencing problems
On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:47:28 +0100 (BST)
"Damian Brasher" <lug@???> wrote:

> John Lewis Wrote:
>
> > Having looked at commercial web hosting I realise the cost is way
> > beyond my means so can anyone suggest/offer an alternative please?

> I like this company, based in Ireland, I use them for web-hosting
> and DNS. Very reasonable in price and extremely helpful as well as
> fast support response times. http://www.blacknight.com/ Highly
> Linux focussed. I really like the Direct Admin web management
> interface http://www.directadmin.com/ that Black-Night deploy and
> the servers are fast. I will buy more services from them in the
> future.

Hi Damian. I have already made my choice but thanks for the
suggestion. I think however their options would suit my needs as I
need to be able to install and administer software (eg geneweb,
gallery) which is rarely, if ever, offered by the usual run of
hosters.

Having a Virtual Private Server does allow me to do this with root
privileges.
--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server