Re: [Hampshire] HP's answer to the eeepc

Author: Graham Bleach
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HP's answer to the eeepc
On 16/04/2008, john lewis <johnlewis@???> wrote:
> The 'Gadget Show' the other night suggested going to Tottenham Court
> Road for cheap laptops, etc. That is fine if you live in London
> but the cost of getting there from Bournemouth would add quite a lot
> to their prices.

Don't bother. In my experience TCR is not a great place to purchase
computing equipment: low stock levels, lack of choice and the prices
aren't too keen either. It's pretty difficult for a trader in one of
the costliest places in the world to rent shop space to compete with
an outfit in a warehouse outside Coventry.

Cheers,
Graham