Re: [Hampshire] Curious intel video pausing problem

Top Page
Author: The Holy ettlz
To: adrian, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Curious intel video pausing problem

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57af3100.hantslug.org.uk.10970': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Apr 16 20:54:08 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2FF22CF403F94B5D
> > If I leave it to idle, i.e. no more than around 2% CPU usage (so no
> > music playing, etc.), after a short while the display pauses. It doesn't
> > hang or freeze, just pauses. If I move the mouse, press a key or touch
> > the touchpad, it carries on as before. Any idea what's causing this?
> > I've not seen any error messages in dmesg. Interrupts, maybe?
>
> How curious. I wonder if it's a powersaving feature?

It is odd. I've found out it's not an X thing; it happens on the
console. It could be an ACPI/interrupts SNAFU... I'll have a fiddle
later. Otherwise I can't see any ill effects; it's like it decides after
ten seconds of idling to go get itself a Kit-Kat. But there are no
errors in dmesg or anywhere else, and the machine works fine if I load
the CPU or keep moving the mouse so I doubt its something like a thermal
interrupt (none counted in /proc/interrupts, temperature 45C...).

Could be a problem with acpi-cpufreq or the conservative CPU governor or
some interaction between the two and a Penryn T8100...

James

--
The Holy ettlz                              TheHolyettlz@???
PGP key ID: 03F94B5D