Re: [Hampshire] Thawte Web of Trust

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Thawte Web of Trust

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57fa6100.hantslug.org.uk.9206': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Apr 17 11:35:27 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:12:15AM +0100, Graeme Hilton wrote:
> >    I would like become a Thawte web of trust notary, and was wondering
> > if and of you were already WOT notaries and would be available in the
> > Southampton/Portsmouth area to give me 10+ points.

> > I already have 90 points, and thus have a Thawte email certificate with
> > my name on it, but have noticed that there are very few notaries in the
> > area to help others to get their own certificate.
>
> Hi all,
>
> Keirs post reminded me that I hadn't responded to him as he asked me to
> notarise him some time ago.
>
> If anyone is interested then we can arrange a WoT notarising affair at the
> next Southampton meeting (I believe that will be in June). If we properly
> arrange it then we may be able to generate one or two more people capable
> of notarising.

There are also a few people in the LUG now who are CAcert WOT
assurers -- I'm one of them. I will also be talking about X.509
certificates in my next talk in the crypto series, so it will all fit
together nicely.

I believe Adrian is looking at doing the next Southampton meeting
in May (for various reasons).

Hugo.

  --- What do you give the man who has everything? -- Penicillin is ---
                             a good start...