Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Windows Update

Author: Glenn Korbey
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Windows Update
On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 11:16 +0100, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine started a windows update today. It is still
> installing the update 2 hours later.
> Only done 4 reboots so far!
>
> Just thought I would mention it so we could have a bit of a laugh!!!!
>
> James

IS it Vista SP1? Never seen any other update take that long.
Still while we're on the subject, I'm patching LOTRO through wine right
now, so far it's taken 2 days as it's downloading the patch files at
about 2kb a sec. Would be faster to quickly install windows on my spare
pc, install lotro patch it, then copy the files over and run it in wine.
Don't want to do that though :)