Re: [Hampshire] Server failure

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Server failure
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:50:49 +0100
Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:

>    You could also try editing the grub boot parameters to use either
> /dev/md0 or /dev/sdb1 instead of /dev/sda1 as the root filesystem.
> One or other of those might work better.

Hi Hugo

using /dev/md0 worked and I now have my system up and running. All I
need to do now is shut it down and wiggle it back under my desk then
reboot. But that can wait until after tea! I can't leave it where it
is SWMBO would complain of the noise as it is only a few feet from
her chair.

I am really grateful for the help you (and others who have
contributed) have given me. It is at times like these I realise I _am_
_only_ a user and the finer points of sysadmin are beyond me.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server