Re: [Hampshire] Trouble finding wireless card or webcam on n…

Author: Adam Cripps
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Trouble finding wireless card or webcam on new laptop install.
On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:16 AM, The Holy ettlz
<theholyettlz@???> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> > Ubuntu 8.04 successfully manages the wireless card (or so it seems in
> > the early days), but the webcam has not been recognised by Gnome. So,
> > overall, I'm pleased to be sat back downstairs.
>
> Have you checked gstreamer-properties?
>

> James

James -thanks - gstreamer-properties did detect and render the camera
to screen. What changes will I need to make to get camorama and other
applications to see this device? Camorama reports:

"Could not connect to video device /dev/vidoe0"

However, gstreamer-properties found it with the setting v4l2src.

--
http://www.monkeez.org
PGP key: 0x7111B833