[Hampshire] Fw: Development environment for web pages

Author: john lewis
To: HantsLUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Fw: Development environment for web pages
I have just installed amaya for a looksee, it has a very different
appearance since I last tried it. It used to look like an old
fashioned browser if memory serves me correctly but now it is a
more of a development environment than a browser.

I loaded my webpage and it immediately told me I had a parsing
error and where. (it doesn't like </head> for some reason)

One nice thing about it is that it displays the web page and the
code in separate panels so you can see the effect of any changes
immediately when writing code.

Lots more but since it is the w3c editor/browser you should get
correct coding using it, not the dreadful mess that popular M$ app
gives out

It also has very little baggage attached as it isn't part of
KDE/Gnome/XFCE4 etc etc etc.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server