RE: [Hampshire] Ubuntu 8.04 is in the wild

Author: Craig
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: RE: [Hampshire] Ubuntu 8.04 is in the wild
Glad you're all have such luck.
Opened up the update manager and clicked on the Upgrade button. After
about half an hour the Release notes come up. Click upgrade, and it
successfully downloads the upgrade tool before soon hanging on 'Checking
Package Manager' on the distribution upgrade.
Still trying to find a fix - I'm not the only one with this issue it
seems. Interestingly, this is the same place as the 'Unable to get an
exclusive Outlook' message box pops up sometimes.
I guess I'll just keep looking.