Re: [Hampshire] iPlayer Problems?

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] iPlayer Problems?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x573bb100.hantslug.org.uk.11990': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Apr 26 21:46:43 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 19:35 +0100, Mark Johnson wrote:
> Hi all,
> Aside from the obvious of not being able to download,

Ahem..

http://beebhack.bluwiki.com/#List_of_known_interoperable_scripts_.2F_programs

> has anyone else been
> experiencing problems with iPlayer on Linux, specifically Ubuntu?

I just watched / downloaded a couple of programmes on Ubuntu Gutsy.

> I'm
> using firefox and the latest version of flash-nonfree from Gutsy,

What version of flash does firefox report in about:plugins?
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r124 is what I get.

> but for
> some reason I get an error saying "Something went wrong. There seems to be
> a problem playing this video - Please try again"

Isn't that an error reported by the flash media plugin itself? As in,
some problem with the RTSP stream rather than a general OS issue?

Cheers,
Al.