Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Best PHP and MySQL Tutorials Sought

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Best PHP and MySQL Tutorials Sought

Hi,

On a related but slightly different note...

I'm looking for a good tutorial on MySQL and in particular the "SQL" part,
although information on maintenance and replication of a DB might also be
useful.

I've never really done any significant DB work before and only have a very
limited understand of SQL at present. I've looked at the documentation on
the MySQL site (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/), but as far as I can see it is
more reference oriented which might be great once I know more, but at the
moment isn't too helpful.

Any suggestions for a more tutorial based introduction? Something on the
web would be great, though as this is for work spending money on a book
(as long as I'm confident it's not just more reference material) isn't out
of the question.

Thanks,

Andy