Re: [Hampshire] iPlayer Problems?

Author: Glenn Korbey
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] iPlayer Problems?
On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 13:31 +0100, John Wesley wrote:
> Is this using Firefox 3 beta 5 (the Hardy default)? I've had problems
> using flash videos in general with it. Try using Firefox 2 to see if
> that improves things - which it did for me :)
>
> ta
>
> John

I know during the beta of Hardy, I was having no end of problems with
flash videos. Around two weeks before release they upgraded
flashplugin-nonfree and recommended that you remove libflashsupport as
it was no longer needed and could cause problems. Until I remembered to
do that flash was still flakey. Once I removed libflashsupport it worked
fine, and now I just have the general crashes due to firefox 3's beta
state.

Glenn