Re: [Hampshire] May and June meetings

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] May and June meetings
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:58:16 +0100
Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:

> I use exim-heavy and farm out my spamassassin tasks to the ones
> provided by bitfolk, so I don't run my own chunky spamd. You could
> look at doing that.

Thanks Al, the fact that bitfolk have spamd servers had passed me by
as I hadn't intended do any 'mail' stuff myself.

I see that I need to change a couple of bits
in /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template but am not sure how to set it up to
use a bitfolk server

eg:
"for SpamAssassin, search the following line and uncomment it:
spamd_address = 127.0.0.1 783"

is it simply a matter of substituting the bitfolk IP address?

plus un-commenting

#warn
#   spam = Debian-exim:true
#   message = X-Spam_score: $spam_score\n\
#                       X-Spam_score_int: $spam_score_int\n\
#                       X-Spam_bar: $spam_bar\n\
#                       X-Spam_report: $spam_report

and reactivating exim

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server