Re: [Hampshire] Directory permissions in Ubunut v Debian

Author: Simon Huggins
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Directory permissions in Ubunut v Debian
On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 02:53:30PM +0100, john lewis wrote:
> IMHO admin tasks should be done as the root user and not as a pseudo
> root.

Other than not liking it, can I ask why you think that?

> My biggest gripe with debian is that gnome is the default GUI
> interface, which as I'll never use it is a bit of a pain as it means I
> have to bail out of the installer after the basic system is installed
> and do a manual install of X + wmaker + any apps needing X.

You can select which tasks to install in the debian installer, do a
minimal install and then install whatever you want afterwards.

--
----------(  "There are times when I think Clint belongs in  )----------
Simon ----( my RSS-hole" -- anonymous Debian Planet reader.  )---- Nomis