Re: [Hampshire] [OT] XP Pro, IPP: troublesome users

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] XP Pro, IPP: troublesome users
Nick Chalk <nick@???> wrote:
> Brian Chivers <brian@???>
> wrote:
>> Also if you have a proxy setup in IE try
>> turning it off or telling IE to bypass it for
>> your cups server, don't ask me why but this
>> sometimes helps :-/
> Ooh, good point. I checked CUPS with Firefox,
> not IE.
>
> I'd forgotten that Windows picks up the IE proxy
> settings for other uses.

That was it! Both user accounts had a proxy set up
in IE.

Jamie's does have a web proxy, but it should be
bypassed for local servers. Dave's account wasn't
set up that way. At the other site, there isn't
even a proxy server!

Thanks, Brian.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.