Re: [Hampshire] [OT] XP Pro, IPP: troublesome users

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] XP Pro, IPP: troublesome users
Brian Chivers <brian@???>
wrote:
> Do they access via IP address or hostname ?

Hostname, and an alias at that.

> if it's hostname make sure that they have your
> DNS Suffix

I think that's set correctly, but it's a good one
to check

> Also if you have a proxy setup in IE try turning
> it off or telling IE to bypass it for your cups
> server, don't ask me why but this sometimes
> helps :-/

Ooh, good point. I checked CUPS with Firefox, not
IE.

I'd forgotten that Windows picks up the IE proxy
settings for other uses.

> I've also had some success by simply deleting
> the printer and re adding it, joys of M$

That hasn't worked for me so far, unfortunately.

Thanks, Brian. Some useful ideas for
investigation.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.