Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft walks away from Yahoo

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft walks away from Yahoo
Tony Whitmore wrote:
> Andy Random wrote:
>> Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer formally withdrew the offer in a
>> letter to Yahoo chief executive Jerry Yang.
>>
>> Possibly bad news if you are a Yahoo shareholder, but great news as far
>> as I'm concerned...
>
> Interesting stuff, especially given the very aggressive take-over which
> Ballmer threatened to carry out recently.

If Microsoft really wanted yahoo, the obvious thing now to do is to
wait for an (assumed) continued decline and buy again in future much
lower price.

However, it seems to suggest to me that microsoft are undergoing some
serious internal crisis, not necessarily acute, but they have lost
both quality and strategy, and for many, respect.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391