Re: [Hampshire] May and June meetings

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] May and June meetings

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5823d100.hantslug.org.uk.851': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue May 6 21:38:02 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 09:19:09PM +0100, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> This is your mid-week reminder that the next meeting will be this
> Saturday - 10th May. Hugo will be presenting the third part of his
> series on cryptography, this time covering X.509 - which is used to
> secure many protocols these days - namely anything mentioning SSL or
> TLS (including HTTPS in web browsers). Details at:
>
> http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

Also two related reminders:

If you want to use the wireless, get your MAC address to me by
first thing Saturday morning, please.

There will probably be several CAcert assurers there. If you want
to make a start in getting validated for issuing your own certificates
through CAcert, you should bring along two pieces of current
government-issued ID, including at least one with a photograph.
Passport and driving license will suffice. You can sign up at [1]
beforehand and print up a few pre-filled CAcert assurance forms; I'll
bring along some blanks, too.

Also, don't forget that you can get people to sign your GPG key(s)
with that, too.

Hugo.

[1] https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=1

   --- Well, you don't get to be a kernel hacker simply by looking ---
                    good in Speedos. -- Rusty Russell