Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Router/Modem Recommendation sought

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Router/Modem Recommendation sought
> It seems that my old Netgear ADSL Modem/Router has given up the ghost.
> After a number of years service, with only the occasional need to be
> re-started, for the last day it seems unable to keep going for more
> than a couple of hours.

Don't panic just yet.

My old router has also been running perfectly for many years - and has
just started having serious SNR problems (meaning lots of dropped packets,
dropped lines, connection restarts, ...)

A quick browse through my ISP's status page says that some major work is
happening is Southampton this month.

So perhaps it's not a problem with your router at all :-)

Vic.