Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Router/Modem Recommendation sought

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Router/Modem Recommendation sought
2008/5/9 Vic <lug@???>:
> Don't panic just yet.
>
> My old router has also been running perfectly for many years - and has
> just started having serious SNR problems (meaning lots of dropped packets,
> dropped lines, connection restarts, ...)
>
> A quick browse through my ISP's status page says that some major work is
> happening is Southampton this month.
>
> So perhaps it's not a problem with your router at all :-)

I did think that, but this time, when the connection disappears, the
web interface also fails. Normally, when the connection fails, I
simply log into the web interface, and restart the connection, and it
is all back. Now I have to do a hard reboot. If it was happening every
week or so, I probably would not worry too much, but every couple of
hours, is not really any good.

I have just checked, and there are no new firmware upgrades available either.

I have been thinking of re-jigging my set-up, so maybe this is the
excuse I need.

--
Philip Stubbs