Re: [Hampshire] OpenSSL in Debian is broken

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OpenSSL in Debian is broken

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x576e9100.hantslug.org.uk.7908': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed May 14 09:45:55 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 01:20:22AM +0100, Graham Bleach wrote:
> 2008/5/13 Hugo Mills <hugo@???>:
> >    As far as I can tell, the best way of fixing your ssh keys is:

> >   - Install the update
> >   - Delete the following files:
> >     ~/.ssh/id_*
> >     ~/.ssh/authorized_keys

> Is it really necessary to delete .ssh/authorized_keys? I was intending
> to simply remove the keys which have been generated or used on
> affected Debian/Ubuntu systems. Some of my keys, for example were
> generated and used exclusively on Solaris boxes.

That would work, but can you be sure you've got all of the relevant
keys? I'd say it's safest to delete every single authorized_keys file
you own.

Hugo.

--- Some days, it's just not worth gnawing through the straps. ---