Re: [Hampshire] OT: Quiz just for fun

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT: Quiz just for fun
Hi,

Well it's Friday so...

On Fri, May 23 at 01:16, m.nuttall@??? wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Well more like a job interview but it will be intersting to see how people on
> here answered the questions.
>
> 1) In Windows XP, which registry key(s)....
> 2)On an NTFS file system, ....

No idea. This is clearly the wrong job, the recruitment agent has sold me
a pup, I'll never use the scum again. Wheres my coat? and you'd better
reimburse me for my time.

> 3)When setting up a private network....
> 4)If you want to Remote Desktop to your PC....
> 5)You decide to use a Linux Server as a NAT....

Low grade simple admin job then.

> 6)What do you think of Vista?

This presumably gets a laugh in any interview.

> 7)An XP PC is installed with 2 graphics cards....

All the problems anyone sees when using Vista.

> 8)Money no object, what components would you select to build the ultimate
> gaming PC?

I don't "game" so I guess it would have to be anything fluorescent pink.

> 9)What percentage of your computer knowledge has been....

Formal computer science degree and then 20 no better start calling it 25+
years on the job and self taught improvement.

> 10)What are your top 5 favourite I.T. books?

Anything "O'Reilly" but usually the latest technical manuals I'm using.
Currently the Spyrus Lynks privacy card technical references and the INA209
current/voltage monitor chip data sheet.

--
        Bob Dunlop