Re: [Hampshire] Just checking

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Just checking
On Thu, 29 May 2008 at 05:50:07PM -0400, Andy Random wrote:

> On Thu, 29 May 2008, Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
>
> >Or maybe BT have goofed and you have no telephone line to run an
> >ADSL signal over...
>
> I have four means (from three different suppliers) of getting net access
> that don't rely on BT. In fact while I do still have a BT line, it has
> been some time since I've used it for net access at all!

Alas in rural low density communities there only way to get connected
legally is via a BT land line. I could probably steal WiFi from the
neighbours most run unprotected networks but that would be naughty!

> >Since moving house I've not actually turned any of my computers on
>
> What!
>
> I almost forceably unsubscribed you after reading that :)
>
> You have to get your priorities right man!

I have spent several hours in the office making up cable harnesses and
routing all the data, DC and AC power separatly and neatly. Invariably
I'll need to change it but at the moment it looks neat!

--
Adam
(Still in) Overton, Hampshire