Re: [Hampshire] Just checking

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Just checking

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x584b3100.hantslug.org.uk.31262': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri May 30 09:24:28 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 08:54 +0100, Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
> Alas in rural low density communities there only way to get connected
> legally is via a BT land line. I could probably steal WiFi from the
> neighbours most run unprotected networks but that would be naughty!

You could of course step out into the big blue room and ask them?

Tell them you'll provide technical support in return for a little bit of
bandwidth, or help pay their bandwidth bill or something. What's the
worst they can do? Say 'no' and secure their network.

Cheers,
Al.