Re: [Hampshire] Re: [OT] Phone Spam

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: [OT] Phone Spam
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008, Andy Random wrote:

> On Sat, 31 May 2008, Sean Gibbins wrote:
>
> > Actually, I try to be polite and have a laugh unless they really persist
> > - poor sods are only earning a crust after all, and what a tedious way
> > to have to do it, eh?
>
> That's usually the attitude I take as well, lets face it it isn't most peoples
> dream job... so I normally just say "no thanks" and hang up if it's a sales
> call.

Hm, after my earlir comments, perhaps I should add that I have been
registered with TPS for some years, so they should _know_ that I don't
want their calls.

FWIW, one of my other approaches is to ask them all their details at I'm
Writing This Down" speed and then tell them I'm on TPS. There's usually
a click within two seconds or a profusive appology and claim they'll
correct their list. _But_ I think one of the reasons for off-shore call
centres is to gey around TPS.

So I don't feel too bad when I have a pop at them. _Especielly_ if I
_really_ can't understand them because of their accent.

G.
--
Gordon Scott                  http://www.gscott.co.uk

        Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.