[Hampshire] [OT] Identifying the importance and value of dat…

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
New-Topics: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Identifying the importance and value of data - survey
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Identifying the importance and value of data - survey
Hi List

Following on from 'Big home backups' thread and the continued DIAP (R)
effort to which I will continue to feedback into the OSS communities - I
invite Hants Lug members to complete a 4 question, generic and anonymous;
IP's is not stored and more than one survey per IP is allowed.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=YgorpQ5jv9FNNfBw_2fsnu0Q_3d_3d

password: datavitality

Identifying what data is important to you as an individual or your
organisation is *hard* and [orgaisation (individual) specific] therefore
the answer needs a some thought. Depending on 'value' placed on data and
the 'value' if the data was completely lost; financial cost of recovery,
time, damage or emotional cost or a mixture of these are the consequence.

For the sake of this survey I assume you decide the value of data and it's
relative importance.

The survey may help you to rationalise your own backup requirements. You
will need to read question 3 carefully and may need a pen and paper to
follow through.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=YgorpQ5jv9FNNfBw_2fsnu0Q_3d_3d

password: datavitality

Thanks for your time and I will post and analysis of the results in a 7-14
days or as soon as I have a good data set.

Please forward this link to whoever you think may be interested including
other lists.

Regards

--
Damian L Brasher