Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Identifying the importance and value of…

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Identifying the importance and value of data -survey
Damian Brasher wrote:
> Identifying what data is important to you as an individual or your
> organisation is *hard* and [orgaisation (individual) specific] therefore
> the answer needs a some thought.

At work we have a very simple model if the backup was over five years
old and we had never touched it we would *consider* junking it
we alsmot never do but we think about it :-)

Then along comes a client willing to pay megabucks for some code we
wrote some 13+ years ago and we could not find a complete readable
backup for existing drives. OK we finally found an antique hard
drive and managed to mount and pull the data but...

Value is not easily measured - especially when talking about old
code or docs/specs.

Jacqui