[Hampshire] eeePC 900 WiFi problem

Author: alan c
To: hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: Re: [Hampshire] eeePC 900 WiFi problem (solved....?)
Subject: [Hampshire] eeePC 900 WiFi problem
I have just received an eeepc 900 - really good news :-)

However, I now discover that it has what looks like a generic problem
connecting to encrypted wifi networks! Open networks apparently are
ok. I have had no success this morning with a WEP network at the cafe
in town, and they even rebooted their system for me, just in case it
was that. Someone else was online with no problem.

There are quite a lot of postings about non connection, with a few
apparent things to try. They have not yet worked for me though.

I have very little experience with wireless anyway, so I am having to
catch up on lack of know how, and for various reasons I will not be
able to follow it up far a week or so now anyway.

I am peeved to say the least that a product such as the eeePC with
Asus custom Xandros should give any trouble at all!
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391