Re: [Hampshire] Hellow

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hellow

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x567bf100.hantslug.org.uk.8327': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Jun 13 15:45:09 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 01:41:58PM +0100, Stevens S. wrote:
> I'm new to the list and I thought I would introduce myself.

Welcome.

> I could start with my name but actually on all things internet based
> (facebook, blogging, forums, e-mails etc) I go by the screen name of
> "Yellow". I know weird, in all other respects I am completely
> normal.

That's quite all right. We've also got Mauve and blueGremlin
knocking around here somewhere, so there's precedent (even if there's
a degree of colour clash if we stick you all together).

[snip]

> I work at the University of Southampton, I'm a humanities graduate
> twice over and I'm 35.

We've got a number of members from there, including me (I'm in ECS,
next to the building site... oh, no, all of ECS is next to some
building site... I'm in the building that didn't burn down).

> I have a couple of questions about my system which I may ask, but
> they will be on the basic side of basic.

That's OK, those are the easy ones to answer. :)

You may find the wiki[1] a good resource for some things, too. If
you find something wrong or badly-explained on there, feel free to fix
it. It is a wiki, after all.

Hugo.

[1] http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxHints

                      --- make bzImage, not war ---