Re: [Hampshire] Rsync question

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Rsync question
Tim wrote:

>> > mit@titan:~$
>> > rsync -av --exclude=/mnt/sdb1/zunk/ --delete --ignore-errors
>> > --log-file=/mnt/sdb1/rsync_log /mnt/sdb1/ /mnt/sdc1/backups/

> mit@titan:~$ cat /proc/mounts
> rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
> /dev/root / ext3 rw,noatime,data=ordered 0 0
> tmpfs /lib/init/rw tmpfs rw,nosuid 0 0
> proc /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0
> sysfs /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0
> usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0
> /dev/root /dev/.static/dev ext3 rw,data=ordered 0 0
> tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
> none /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
> tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
> fusectl /sys/fs/fuse/connections fusectl rw 0 0
> binfmt_misc /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc binfmt_misc rw 0 0
> /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1 vfat
> rw,nosuid,nodev,uid=1000,gid=100,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1
> 0 0
> /dev/sdc1 /mnt/sdc1 ext3 ro,nosuid,nodev,data=ordered 0 0

Further to me previous post, I see that your sender is the vfat drive so
size is not a factor - however I'd follow on from Andy's comments that you
do need to check the state of sdc1 thoroughly.

Tim Wrote:

>Well I started Hugo command at about 7-00pm last night, its is still
>running now (4-24am, yes its early), does it normally takes this long or

do >we assume the disk is dead (its a 500gb disk)??

You may have to wait for the command to finish - the disk could be bad,
but there might be a problem with your disk controller, cable or cable
configuration. Go through all the basic checks then use another
motherboard if necessary to compare. Perhaps the disk was not properly
formatted or the partition was bad.

--
Damian L Brasher
http://www.diap.org.uk