Re: [Hampshire] badblocks -w error?

Author: Lisi
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] badblocks -w error?
On Wednesday 02 July 2008 13:08:20 Vic wrote:
> > root!tty1:/# badblocks -w /dev/hdb6
> > ^[[24~root!tty1:/# 4~
>
> Did you knock the keyboard while badblocks was running?
>
> This sort of thing looks rather like misinterpreted keyboard codes...

That was my first thought after the first weird text appeared. But I don't
think that I was anywhere near it the second time. Tho' as I write that, I
realise that it might have been someone else. Not likely, but possible.

Thanks, Vic. :-) I will assume that that is the case and restore from backup
rather than rush out and buy a new disk.

Lisi