Re: [Hampshire] OpenMoko/Freerunner

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OpenMoko/Freerunner
Chris Dennis wrote:
> I'm aware that the Freerunner is cutting edge stuff, and I see that it
> is described as arriving with 'development kit'-style software.
>
> Has anyone been able to work out whether it will be a 'usable' item
> from the start (e.g. can I use it as a phone?), or will I have to
> spend weeks programming it and downloading updates before it does
> anything productive?
>
> cheers
>
> Chris

The initial release was for the "hard core" developer whereas the latest
is for developers and it just says not all of the software stack
functions. It must be usable as a phone now and I'm tempted but probably
will wait for the normal user release.

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk