[Hampshire] Xandros buys Linspire

Author: Paul Tansom
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Xandros buys Linspire
I can't see it cause any major ripples, but I thought I'd just mention
this on the list anyway. Apart from their run in with Microsoft I'm not
sure how much impact Linspire has really had on the Linux market. There
are occaisional bits of CNR news, but I can't say as I know anyone who
has ever used Linspire, Freespire or CNR, and the talk of Ubuntu using
CNR doesn't seem to have had any particular impact. Xandros on the other
hand do seem to have recently started picking up, so perhaps they'll be
using CNR to supply EEE software or similar in time.

As somebody who has a couple of Linspire license, all be it free ones
that have never even seen the ISO being burned to CD, I've had two
emails on this, but there looks to be the text in this thread:

http://forum.freespire.org/showthread.php?t=17085

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office:
begin:vcard
fn:Paul Tansom
n:Tansom;Paul
org:Aptanet
adr:Widley;;39 The Thicket;Waterlooville;Hants.;PO7 5JL;England
email;internet:paul@???
tel;work:023 92380001
tel;cell:07799 662434
x-mozilla-html:FALSE