[Hampshire] Openmoko Freerunner bulk order

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Openmoko Freerunner bulk order

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5676d100.hantslug.org.uk.24125': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Jul 3 11:05:05 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
Regarding the HantsLUG Freerunner bulk buy at [1]:

I've just dropped myself off the list, due to unforseen
circumstances (someone's already bought me one). If someone else wants
to take over organising the bulk buy, then I'm not going to complain.
However, if nobody else is willing to step up to the crease, I'm still
willing to organise it.

I've spoken to HMRC, and phones are zero-rated for import duty. We
would still have to pay VAT on the phones themselves and on shipping,
though. This makes it something like £217 each for the phone, plus an
unknown cost for shipping (plus a bit more if I'm going to post it to
you). Note that the warranty on the phones from the USA is a mere 28
days DOA.

If you're signed up for the bulk order of Freerunners at [1], could
you please mail me <hugo@???> to confirm (or deny) your
continued interest. The Openmoko online shop is expected to be open
some time tomorrow, and I'll then be able to get the price of
shipping, and you'll be able to send me the money (this is the other
thing I need you to mail me for). Once I've got the money for 10
people, I'll put in the order.

Hugo.

[1] http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FreerunnerBulkBuy

   --- Hail and greetings.  We are a flat-pack invasion force from ---
                     Planet Ikea. We come in pieces.