Re: [Hampshire] [Advert] Epia Mini-ITX VIA C3 800MHz + 768MB…

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Advert] Epia Mini-ITX VIA C3 800MHz + 768MB PC133 RAM for sale
Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Damian Brasher wrote:
>> Sean Gibbins wrote:
>>
>>> Reason for sale? Getting a newer model!
>>>

>> Which model did you go for out of interest:)
>>

> for, namely front-panel USB and sound. The C3 has yet to break a sweat
> so I don't think I'll miss the 200MHz I am dropping.

My Epia Mini-ITX VIA C3 800MHz is a great general purpose desktop running
Fedora 9 with as mentioned before Xfce. I wouldn't want to go any slower.
I installed a variable resistor (about £5.00 from Maplins) hooked it up to
the two 2.5" case fans, the only fans, and looped it outside the case
through a vent. If ]#sensors/gkrellm reports a high temperature then I can
turn the fan speed up then down again as required :-) depending on the
weather or heating.

Damian

--
Damian L Brasher