Re: [Hampshire] Meeting venue required

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting venue required
I have just spoken to Wickham Community Centre with a tentative
enquiry. This is the outcome:

- They have plenty of rooms of varying sizes, but the rental would
likely still be around £16.50/hr.
- Apart from the BT WiFi, they don't have a permanent internet
connection. However, they may be willing to provide a line in for us
if we had a regular booking. They know that the meetings would be
every other month. They have a committee meeting this afternoon, and
they will add this possibility to their agenda. They will be calling
me back with the outcome.

I didn't ask about availability at all, so I doubt if this would be a
goer for this coming weekend. Especially at such short notice.
(Lymington anyone?)

If anyone on the LUG committee would like to explore this venue
further, please drop me a line with your contact details so that I can
pass these on to the Centre's staff. It makes much more sense for
representatives from both committees to talk to each other.