Re: [Hampshire] Meetings and AGM

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meetings and AGM

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5703e100.hantslug.org.uk.20567': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Aug 19 12:53:23 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi John,

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 08:09:36PM +0100, john lewis wrote:
> We tried to cover most eventualities when the constitution was drawn
> up without making it complicated and I certainly hope no one makes
> any attempt to tinker with the wording/punctuation as happened every
> year in a cycling club I once belonged to. People nearly came to
> blows over stupid things like the matter of where a comma should be
> placed.

Ironic then that over on the Debian project list there is currently
a long thread about use of "epicene they" in an official document.
:-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicene

Cheers,
Andy