Re: [Hampshire] SSH Help

Author: Charlie de Courcy
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] SSH Help

John Cooper said the following on 19/08/08 12:39:
> Charlie de Courcy wrote:
>
>> Fixed! As always the answer comes after the post.
>> I found the permissions on my home directory were not 'secure' enough
>> for ssh
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Charlie
>>

> Always try verbose mode when you have problems so you know where it is
> failing. On Fedora I use :-
>
> ssh -v 192.168.1.10
>
> or more verbose
> ssh -vv 192.168.1.10

Appreciated, I found some telltale information in /var/log/auth - have
learnt to look there too next time.
Now I have everything back up any running, can anyone suggest a sshfs
monitoring tool - I want to primarily ensure I don't disconnect my users
when transferring a file, but if I could monitor changes to certain
directories it would also be beneficial?