Re: [Hampshire] [OT] We are moving

Top Page
Author: Paul Tansom
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] We are moving

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56cf8100.hantslug.org.uk.12690': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Aug 19 15:44:06 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key EB60007D30CC08A5
john lewis wrote:
> I guess I'd better let all LUG members and not just the Committee
> members know that my Wife and I are moving to Yeovil at the end of
> August.
>
> A fairly sudden decision as we only saw the house we are going to be
> renting from a dau & her husband two weekends ago. Tim had been
> renovating it and we were invited to go and see what he had done. We
> knew we wanted to live there from the moment we walked through the
> front door ;-)
>
> So our house in Bournemouth is going to be let until such time as the
> market picks up and we have a reasonable chance of selling it.
>
> This does mean I am resigning as Treasurer and am unlikely to get to
> many LUG meetings in the future. There doesn't seem to be a LUG in
> the Yeovil area so will remain on HantsLUG list in case I need any
> help.

Best of luck John. On the LUG front, don't forget that Yeovil is only
just over the border from Dorset, and they have a reasonably active LUG.
There's a meeting every other month in Dorchester, which isn't that far
away. Not quite the same style of meet as Hants (in a pub with free
WiFi), but you may like to check it out. I considered making a meet
while I was away (staying near Blandford, so not far from Yeovil - at
least we visited!), but unfortunately it was the month for the
Bournemouth meeting!

Of course that end of Dorset seem to be a bit stuck in the past. I found
it very difficult to get a mobile phone signal that was reliable (which
can't be unusual because a policeman stopped outside the cottage and
asked if we knew where somebody was because he couldn't get a mobile
signal!). When we were in Dorchester, which I took to be a fairly major
town in the area, it seem to be closing at 4:30. Lots of shops/museums
starting to pack up and indicating that we should come back tomorrow!

Anyhoo...

- --
Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office:
begin:vcard
fn:Paul Tansom
n:Tansom;Paul
org:Aptanet
adr:Widley;;39 The Thicket;Waterlooville;Hants.;PO7 5JL;England
email;internet:paul@???
tel;work:023 92380001
tel;cell:07799 662434
x-mozilla-html:FALSE