[Hampshire] [OT] Headphone/mic for datacentre use?

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Headphone/mic for datacentre use?
Quite off-topic, but I wondered whether any of the
Admins in the LUG had come across anything
suitable...

Having spent all of Wednesday night/Thursday
morning in Redbus Meridian, I noticed two things:
   1. It's very noisy.
   2. It's hard to talk to a colleague next to
      you, let alone someone on a mobile.

So, I wondered if anyone had come up with some
kind of closed-back headphones/boom mic/short-
range radio system? A few quick Google searches
have returned lots of discussion, and some studio
audio kit, but nothing specifically targetted at
datacentres.

Thanks for any ideas.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.