Re: [Hampshire] Installing extra programs on a fresh install…

Author: rob
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Installing extra programs on a fresh installofKubuntu
On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 23:26 +0100, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> Hugo Mills wrote:
> >    By the way, does anyone know how to unjam a card from a Jaquard
> > loom?

> IIRC that's what the small children are for.

Actually Jaquard was one of those small children and that's what lead
him to invent the card system.

Rather interesting machines they are. I rebuilt one a while ago for the
Macclesfield silk museum. Quite a challenging task when all you have is
a pile of "junk" to start from. And that pile is from several machines.

Rob.