Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu 8.04

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu 8.04
Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to uninstall all these k applications that seem to have come as standard with Ubuntu 8.04 (for some reason I can never remember the codename of these releases).- I'm sure they weren't part of 7.04 as standard.
>
> I had a heavily customised 7.04 system working well - except for the CPU was overheating so having swapped the mobo, I decided to go for 8.04 - but have had all sorts of trouble with its graphics (now sorted) and with all these k applications on the Accessories menu for example - it's hard to scroll down (when your fonts have to be as big as mine do).

If you have installed any item from kde applications I wiould ld
expect that a lot of kde environment woul dalso have been necessary.

Did you actually start with Ubuntu and *not* kubuntu?
As a precaution, confirm you have ubuntu-desktop installed before
removing kubuntu-desktop
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391