Re: [Hampshire] Wireless Broadband Firewall/Router Recommend…

Author: James Ashburner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wireless Broadband Firewall/Router Recommendations?
Richard Danter wrote:

> I have been thinking about the Linksys WRT54GS-UK, anyone use one of
> these? Good/bad experiences?

I've just bought one of these as they're only £26 from Ebuyer at the
moment. It's not arrived yet though so I can really comment on it.

I've had a Netgear WGR614 for about 4 years now that's worked perfectly
up until recently. Now the wireless drops out several times a day which
is mildly annoying for browsing and entirely unacceptable for online gaming.

I can certainly let you know in a few days when it's arrived and I've
had a chance to test it.

James