Re: [Hampshire] Wireless Broadband Firewall/Router Recommend…

Author: Richard Danter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wireless Broadband Firewall/Router Recommendations?
2008/9/2 James Ashburner <hantslug@???>:
>> I have been thinking about the Linksys WRT54GS-UK, anyone use one of
>> these? Good/bad experiences?
>>

> I've just bought one of these as they're only £26 from Ebuyer at the
> moment. It's not arrived yet though so I can really comment on it.

Just chatted via the Linksys on-line support to one of their techies.
He seems to think these boxes are limited to 10Mb and suggested the
300N instead, but then told me that it was able to do only 15Mb. I'd
be really interested in what speed you actually get from say the zdnet
speed test:

http://resources.zdnet.co.uk/speedtest/

Rich