Re: [Hampshire] using SSH to allow VNC from the SSH server t…

Author: Alan Bell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] using SSH to allow VNC from the SSH server to the initiators machine
it would really have to be done by arrangement and one at a time is
fine. I am also trying x11vnc and running a listening VNC viewer on my
machine and having the remote ones run x11vnc -connect
support.example.com to dial into me. It would be a good enhancement to
Gnome Vino to allow the remote desktop to connect to a listening viewer.
The disadvantage of x11vnc is that the traffic is not encrypted. The
advantages are that it is a bit quicker, the command is easier to type,
there are no ssh keys to worry about (or error messages if the listening
computer has a different ssh key each time they connect)

Alan.

--
Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre

Web: www.theopenlearningcentre.com
Mob: +44 (0)7736 778908
Tel: +44 (0)8444 3576000

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55