Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee

Author: Graham Bleach
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee
2008/9/15 Damian Brasher <lug@???>:
> I'll be candid with HL members and the committee. I have been a little
> confused by the current committee's lack of agreement on how potential
> nominees offer to stand.

I haven't seen any contradictory advice on how to stand from the
committee members, so I'm rather puzzled by your confusion, but in any
case Tony has clarified how candidates should proceed.

> If I was satisfied that liability was contained and or managed, or there
> was a plan of action to do so, although I have deadlines until the end of
> November perhaps this does not preclude me from offering to stand as a GO,
> certainly this would be the first step for me on the road to taking a
> higher responsibility role on the committee in the future or happy to
> remain as a back bencher and ordinary member:)

Such a modification to the constitution would take time to prepare,
discuss and amend. I personally see little value in doing so, nor do I
wish to spend my time and/or money engaging the services of lawyers
discovering what, if anything HantsLUG is liable for. The liability of
your company, which carries out professional services in return for a
fee, may be quite different.

You appear to be asking other members to do this work as a
precondition of putting yourself forward for the committee. If they
have enough free time to do so, I would encourage them to instead
stand for one of the roles themselves. I feel it would be a better use
of their time ;-)

Cheers,
Graham